The conference venue is located at Vienna International Airport in Office Park 4 next to the tower. There are different possibilities to travel from the airport into the city:
- City Airport Train (CAT): direct link to Wien Mitte/Landstraße (U3, U4), but expensive (interval 30 minutes), fare: EUR 11-12.-
- Commuter train S7/REX7: links to Wien Mitte/Landstraße (U3, U4) and Wien Praterstern (U1, U2). A few minutes slower than CAT, but considerably cheaper (interval 30 minutes), fare: EUR 4.20
- Railjet: direct link to Vienna Central Station (U1), interval 30 minutes, fare: EUR 4.20
- Vienna Airport Lines (bus): 14 stops in Vienna, fares around EUR 9.- depending on route
- Taxi: directly available at the airport, fares around EUR 25-30.-
Our suggestion: Open the route planning website www.anachb.at, enter “Flughafen Wien” as start and see the most comfortable route.
Network map of connections to and from Vienna airport
Public transport tickets
Vienna International Airport is outside of Vienna, so you need (1) a ticket for Vienna (city area; single tickets, 24, 48, 72 hour tickets and weekly tickets are available from ticket machines at each underground and railway station) AND (2) a ticket from Vienna to the airport. On board of a tram you can only buy single tickets for Vienna at a higher fare. No tickets are sold on buses.
Buy your ticket in advance! Using this way, you can obtain a combined ticket for Vienna and the airport route.
Because of the confusing fare model in the Vienna region, the most comfortable option is to buy your ticket in advance. Depending on the length of your stay, it might be the cheapest option to obtain a weekly ticket. Unfortunately, buying such a ticket between Vienna and the airport is quite complicated and the online ticket shop https://shop.vor.at does not speak English, so we made a step by step instruction document for you.
If you prefer to buy your ticket from the ticket machine at any railway station, here is a short instruction.
Arriving by car
Use your GPS to find your way. The address of the conference venue is: Towerstrasse 3, 1300 Wien. In all districts of Vienna parking on the streets is severely restricted (short-time parking zones only) and not free of charge. If your hotel has a parking area, it will be the easiest way to leave your car there during the whole stay and use public transport. If you plan to come to the conference venue by car, use car park P3 only. There is a pedestrian bridge to Office Park 4 and P3 is the only car park where reduced parking fees for conference participants are available (EUR 1.- per hour).